Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My happy news: new book deal!

I’m busting out of the edit cave like the Kool-Aid man through a wall to tell you I HAVE GOOD NEWS! I alluded to this in my vacation post, and I’ve been dying to tell you guys. Now, I can!

From Publishers Marketplace:

Kim Harrington's GLIMMER, in which a teenage girl finds a ghost in her house, and tries to unravel the mystery behind the ghost girl's murder, while also falling for the ghost's former boyfriend.

YAY!

GLIMMER is not a CLARITY book. It's a standalone. It's another paranormal mystery--this time…a ghost story. I’m so excited! I’ve always loved ghost stories and haunted house books, so this is a dream come true for me. And, I’ve got to tell you, writing the spooky scenes has been the most fun so far!

So, here’s my release schedule as it stands right now:
CLARITY – 3/1/11
CLARITY Book 2: Electric Woo Woo (not real title) – Spring 2012
GLIMMER (standalone) – Fall 2012
(All three with Scholastic/Point and my Editor of Awesome.)

Three books in two years. I’m about to get very, very busy.

But first, will you join me in a happy dance?

37 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can't wait to read it... I love a good ghost story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I can't wait to read all of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing!!!!!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elizabeth, Faith, Brooke, Sonia, and Christina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dancing with you, Kim! This is great news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Kim! Congratulations! It's great to see they're all with Scholastic too. That's great support! Can't wait to read all of these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Alissa, Jeff, and Angie. I'm pumped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that's AWESOME *happy dance* that's three books to put on my want list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why yes ... yes I will join you in a happy dance!

    That's fantastic news - CONGRATULATIONS!

    I love the word "glimmer." Excellent title.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! *dances*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh GOOD LAWD!!!! That's great! You, Kim Harrington, are a very special gal and a very special writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I'll definitely read it when it's released:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, yay! Congrats! I'm excited for all three books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Lynsey, Lisa, Rockie, Jame, Melissa, Malbebe, and Kelley! I'm so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huge Congrats!!! Can't wait to read all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HUGE congratulations! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! That's awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Kim, I just read about your deal in PM. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! This is great news and I can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats, Kim!!! Yay for ghost stories! I'm turning in my MG ghost story on Friday to my editor at Scholastic for Fall 2011! Can't wait to read yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! This is so exciting! The summary of Glimmer sounds amazing. I love nothing more than a ghost story combined with romance.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! It must be hard to keep from smiling all time with such AMAZING news!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Danielle, Nikki, Lea, Paul, DJ, Sonali, and SM!

    Kimberley - that sounds awesome! Ghosts FTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG! Congratulations, Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats Kim!! You'll need lots of Chipolte to keep you going over the next several months.

    Oh way...Chipolte can be coma inducing so maybe Starbucks. Yes...nothing like a latte to keep one buzzed till all hours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woohoo! That is fantastic news. I'm already looking forward to Clarity and Glimmer sounds like it's going to be awesome.

    *joins in happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  29. rOMG! You are on your way to full time writer i see! This is such exciting news! Hope you are having a party!! YAY KIM!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! That's such great news.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Best. News. Ever. We are SO happy for you, Kim!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. AWESOMESAUCE. That is all!

    Okay, no it's not: Congrats! Amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Julia, Gail, BookFairy, Terry, Natalie, LiLa, and Elana! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete